Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My visual dessert

I was net surfing the other day and came across this new (at least to me) website called Housebeautiful.com.

Photos below are some that I love from the wonderful site..

I just love the looks of these spaces. They are so warm and cosy..

The beams in this space are just gorgeous. They add characters to these spaces. And that open- space kitchen with the gorgoeus dining table at the back,  *sigh*.  'Nuf said.

 
So I have a similar L-shaped brown sofa in my TV room. Mine is all brown 'everything' ~brown sofa, brown cushion, and brown throws~, and while I love it at first, after some time, it is getting boring. This picture inspired me that I could change the cushions covers to baby blue, just to give it a pop of colour.
White hydrangea as centerpiece.. Diih-viiine!

Don't ask me why I love this space. All I know is that my mouth would involuntarily went agaped when I saw this.  That is why I uploaded it... :)

The only thing similar that I have at home with this picture is the table.. While I love the beige chair covers and I think I can manage to sew their 'distant cousins' for my own chairs, I am not sure I can pull this concept off as my floor tiles are beige... Too 'beige'y even for my taste....

But it got me thinking.. If I laid a brown rug or one of those dark brown wooden mat, it might just break the 'sea of beige', don't you think?

Now, the only resemblance my bedroom has with this picture is the white bedsheet.. This picture made me want to crawl right through this monitor screen and into the bed.. So cosy, right?..

By the time I am done uploading these pictures, I have to resign to my fate that I am drawn to:
  • French white doors and windows 
  • Natural wooden beams
  • Light colours curtains
  • Black iron wrought curtain rails
While the first 2 bullets would require major works, but I think I can manage to pull off the last two...

*Rubbing hands in excitement*

Projects! I love projects!

1 comment: