Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The little things...

...that makes my day.

Almost a year ago, while shopping at our local market, I saw this gorgeous plant. Without thinking much, I bought it. Didnt even ask the old fella who sold it, the basic question, eg. how to care for it, does it like sun much, or prefer shady area, that sort. I didnt even ask him what was it name. (Still do not know up till this day)

Happily I brought it home, transfered it into my pot, happily watered  and admired it. Two days later the flower started to wilt. Thinking, it would flower again (soon), it didnt bother me..

One week passed, then it turned into a month. Then it rolled into another month, still no bud in sight. In fact the leaves started to wilt too. By the fourth month I was sure the bulb had died. I wanted to pull it off but hubby said it was still 'Ok' , albeit a little miserable. He took it upon himself to water it daily.

Then couple of days ago, he was beaming and asked me to check out the 'Miserable Plant'. Aaah..Finally! The second bloom after almost a year!

Lovely isnt it?..

That aside, I love all sorts of plant, but not quite a cacti person. I happened to have one, but that is only because it was given to me by my grandmother. I planted it more that 9 years ago and pretty much left it be.

I am not sure what happened the last few days, was it the super hot weather, or was it really its life cycle that after more than 9 years, my cacti flowered.

Trust me, I have never seen it flowering before. I thought cacti just does what it does. Looking spiky and untouchable, ok, maybe bud a little here and there.

But nothing like this.




Wadaya know.. Its actually gorgeous..

2 comments:

  1. Plants are just like us. They just want to be loved...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very humbling experience. Reinforced that day's lesson on 'Do not discriminate' ;)

    ReplyDelete