Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby step

In previous posts, I shared about an old dream which became my life's road map which I've outgrown.

I have planted another dream last year, which seemed impossible to be achieved. But for reasons beyond my command of vocabulary, I do not know why I did it. But it was something I prayerfully laid on His feet. I have asked Him, why do I have these 'feeling' when I am clueless as to how to start to even find ways to embark on that journey.

I have been in similar situation before. Asking Him if I take this step, how on earth will it work out? Based on my (shamefully poor) command in adding and substracting, using all ten fingers and ten toes calculating, analysing,  reasoning, using all sorts assumptions in deriving the best possible solution/option, it seemed not achievable. Based on my calculation I will be in a worst state than before. Then all these years of hard work, will be down the drain.

Looking up, I asked Him last week " How then?"..

In a true 'God- can- answer- you- through- a- talking- mule' fashion, He answered me a few days later using this verse, through a blog I subscribed to. The blogs talks about a totaly different topic, but the verse left me dumbfounded.

"I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." 
Isaiah 45:3

I realised then something which I once knew but have forgotten (and therefore needs to be reminded).

My security lies not on the things I could count with my ten fingers and ten toes. My security lies with Him. No matter where life brings me, (or more accurately, where He leads me) He will be there in each step.


Just like Moses before the Red Sea parted, I must take that FIRST step into the water in faith that God is with me in every step. God would not be able to do His end of the deal (to part the Red Sea), if I continue to fret and wriggle my toes by the sand, waving all my 10 fingers  at Him listing why it is not possible to cross the Red Sea.

The changing wheels are starting to creak now. Need oiling in some parts. And total overhaul in other parts.

Into the Red Sea (errr.. in my case, Blue Sea) I must inch...

No comments:

Post a Comment