Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We Need to talk about Kevin


I read this book about 4 years ago. I remember being shaken to the core reading it. It made me cry, too. It was like finally finding a voice and able to articulate what was taboo.

I could just kiss Lionel Shriver's shoes by the time I finished reading this.

Quoted from Saga Magazine review:
"[A] powerful, painful novel... The ending Shriver chooses will shock many readers in this politically correct times that take for granted the innocence of children and the corrupting culpability of adults. There are true and terrible things said here about family life that most of us leave unspoken."

If you're the 'sugar and spice and everything nice' or 'happy ever after' kinda person, or one of those Stefford Wives, you will hate this book. Big time! So be forewarned. Stop reading this post and continue on with your ' Girl meet boy, some drama in between, and happy ever after' oh-so- predictable romance fictions.

Today I found out that they have made a movie out of this book. I hope the movie would do the book justice. Hopefully the movie will not be a 'lesser' version, as they tend to be compared to the book.

The icing on the cake for me is Tilda Swinton will star as Eva. I love her quirkiness since I first saw her in Narnia as the Ice Queen (and in Constantine)

(Photograph: Nicole Rivelli Photography)

Can't wait for the movie to hit our shores!

No comments:

Post a Comment