Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sheepish

Hi peeps.

So I was barking mad in my earlier post. Today, less so. Venting was good. Once all the angry steam are vented, I am left grinning sheepishly.

(Illustration only. Not the real me. Source: Google Image)

Ephesians 4:26 

26 “In your anger do not sin”[a]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.

Ouch...

There would never be an end to how we would react to the 'superior beings' of the world. We might react in anger, retaliation, sadness or run away depending on how we perceive the 'assault'.

But I guess, what is more important, how you allow yourself to react, ya? In the core of it, of course we must, at all times, carve Ephesians 4:26 in our hearts.

The 'In your anger, do not sin', looks easy. To me, at a glance, the word 'sin' represent the 'Big Sins', such as killing, stealing etc. It looks like, if you're angry and do not do anything with your anger, then you are not sinning. You can vent, you can bite the side of your table till your enamel crack, do whatever, for as long as you do not physically retaliate back in anger..

Do-able, right? At a glance, yes..

Then comes the next part. 'Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry'.

I have yet to reach the 'Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry' level. At times, many, many suns have gone down and I am not quite done yet.

It dawned on my today, if many, many, suns have gone down, and I am still not done yet being angry, it seems like I have not forgiven them. (Err.. that would be equal to sin, right?)

And what did He say about forgiveness?

Colossians 3:12-14 
 12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.


Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

(Illustration only.Source: Google Image)

I guess, I will be sitting on my corner for a while, ya.. Maybe until sundown... As in today's sundown. Not tommorow's..

Pinky promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment