Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reality of Dreams

Do you have a dream that seemed to define who you are?

That dream, became your direction in life. That one dream, unlike other dreams, on which all the decisions you have made since you are a teenager were based upon. And even when you get distracted along the way, when you turn back and have a look, you will notice that even when you were unaware of it back then, life seems to nudge you towards it. It is like, you were meant to be 'there' in your designated 'spot' in life.

What you are suppose to do, even when at times you do not feel like doing it.

I have such dream. Had it since I was 16 years old. For some unfathomable reason even to myself, I did not understand why I want to be that person. Maybe I was smitten with the 'PERCEPTION' of that dream and hang on the that 'Perception'.

Today, I lived the dream I had when I was 16 years. It took years of hard work, sweat, tears (literally) to reach this point. Along the way I have my loved ones telling me to just let it go, that it was not worth it. I felt guilty for subjecting them to my endless vents while in pursuit of this dream. However I found myself not able to just let it go.

How do you let go of something that defined all the decisions you have made all these years.

How do you let go, when you have come to realised the REALITY of your dream, no matter how hard you chased after it, no matter how long it took you to reach it, turned out not as you have perceived.

Does it mean all these years, chasing after that one thing you know for sure was the thing for you, had been a total waste?..

How now?

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment