Thursday, April 7, 2011

How could I be so lonely by Cath Glasgow


How could I be so lost,
In a place I know so well?
How could I be so broken,
In a family so together?
How could I be so lonely,
Surrounded by so many?
How could I be so unhappy,
Surrounded by so much beauty?
How could I be me,
When even I remain a mystery?
~~~~~~~~~

Ahah! And all these while I thought I was going nuts. There is another person out there asking those exact questions.

I shared with a dear friend how 'detached/ disconnected' I have been feeling for a long time. We have brainstormed trying to find reasons behind this. Hormone? Real depression? Plain crazy? But basically to borrow her words, it's like we were aliens doing our time on earth. (Or something to that effect).

She meant it literally then. Although she summed up the emotion perfectly in all its sombre notes,  I saw humour in that image ~ me and my friend donning our alien suits, kicking pebbles by the roadside of our life's journey, ~

Two confused aliens, in utter state of conundrum.

It cracked me up for awhile.  As equally confused I was with the whole thing, to be able to laugh felt really good. A relief, in fact. 

On a serious note,
  • How could anyone feel not at home when they are in fact 'at home'?
  • How could anyone feel discontent when they have all their heart's desires?
The list of 'maybe's runs very long.

For me personally, maybe we feel this way because earth is really not our home.
'But store up for yourself treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal.'
(Matthew 6:20)

We have not been able to figure it out yet. Maybe we will find the answer at the end of our journey or maybe it will pop up when we turn round that little corner just a wee bit up ahead.

But until then, just for today, I am comforted to know that someone out there, (aside from us two aliens), feels the same way too.

Thank you, Cath Glasgow. I am sure we will know the answer, one day. Soon.. (In His time..)

Maybe there are more of us out there than we know, ya? The truth is out there.

Signing out, earthlings!
*X-Files soundtrack  in the background*



No comments:

Post a Comment