Monday, June 23, 2014

Walk ahead

It feels really weird to be calling candidates to attend an interview for a position which you will let go of soon. To find your replacement. It feels surreal. And if I allow myself to think about it much longer, I would start to feel really sad.

I find myself doubting this decision.

I find myself hoping, that I would not regret it.

For the past weeks since I tendered my resignation, and since the reality of that decision really sunk in, I find myself praying and telling Father God to please know that I am grateful for what I do have now.

I told Him I am thankful for the little house that I have, the old car that I drive, the 'I-have-fallen-out-of-love' job that I have, in general, the life that I lead here. I have gone to the extreme, to even thank Him for the kitchen towels that I have. {Yes, I am weird that way, in case you have not figure it out}.

And if He would just tell me to stay, I would.

I do not know why I had this desperate feeling of telling Him that I do not want Him to think that I am taking everything here for granted.

As if He does not know..

So that has been my prayer lately..

And today, I came across this Bible verse.

(Pinterest)
 
 
And with that, everything falls back into perspective.
 
It was not easy for me to get to where I am at this point. By right, I had everything against me, but by His grace, I am here.
 
Most people are aghast that it appeared to be so easy for me get to this point. When in fact, it has been one of the hardest things I have every done.
 
Letting go of this job, is just part of the process.
 
I have been too preoccupied with the process, that I forgot to look ahead. I have been too focused on looking back, despite the fact that intellectually, I know I should only look ahead..
 
Okay, I admit, I am scared to step out of my comfort zone.
 
How do people do this?...
 
*Breathe*
 
Now, I just have to lift one foot to take the next step forward.. After that, I need to lift the other foot.
 
Hmm. Sound like a good plan. Let's do this!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment