Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lil' darlings

There is just something about hydrangeas that can make me smile. Even on a bad day; just the sight of these darlings can soothe the day's woes away..


I was first introduced to this gorgoeus bloom by my grandmother.  She calls it 'Bungai KL', translated 'KL Flower'.. I never get to asked her why she calls it such. I am assuming it was because she first saw them there.. :D


Grandma said, they were easy to plant. So, she cut a mature branch, handed it to me. I went back and planted it. At that point, I did not consider myself as having green fingers. But since grandma said they were 'easy', then it should be peanuts, right?

Grandma was right, it was kinda easy for her. The expert, in all things flower.

But for a newbie, boy, do they need attention. On this side of the planet, even on a cloudy day, you need to water them at least 3 times a day. At the same time you need to be careful, lest they will have root rot. They do not like too much sun, and that's a challenge because I just have that much space on my porch for morning sun...

They looked their best when they have just started to grow and its the plant's first bloom. I've re-planted a few mature branches last year and just recently, the glorious babies are starting to bloom.

Hello there..



Add caption




Don't know 'bout you, but that sight sure made me smile..

No comments:

Post a Comment